You Deserve your dreams.
"I think that failure doesn't exist. I believe in the journey."
Our world is constantly changing, being reshaped and redefined by the people that live within it. This sort of revolution births leaders. It just so happens that today, many women are at the forefront of that change.
Today’s guest has been behind the curtain of inspiration, encouraging girls everywhere to grow up and become powerful women. Ann Shoket, former editor-in-chief of Seventeen and author of The Big Life, speaks about the power women hold within themselves.
There are dreams to be followed, lives to be lead, changes to be made, and no traditional thoughts on gender should be holding anyone back.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How to acknowledge that you deserve your dreams and how to reach them (08:50)
- Ann’s desires for sizzle, excitement, adventure that lead her to follow her dreams (12:04)
- The role men should take in having conversations about women in business (21:46)
- How millennial women are defying the norms and how older generations should embrace that change (29:35)
- Is there such thing as “too much?” (36:37)
- The feeling of fire and navigating your life by breaking away from tradition (47:41)
- Plus much more...
Some Questions We Discuss:
- Do you think there’s still a negative connotation between women and ambition? (05:45)
- What are your thoughts about the role of class in this movement? (19:25)
- What in particular did you do at Seventeen and CosmoGIRL! that you think really made a difference in terms of the content girls were reading and how they could perceive themselves? (28:15)
- What sort of advice do you have for people who are afraid to take the first step to following their dream? (40:40)
- Have you ever had a moment throughout your career where you had a big failure, and how did you overcome that? (44:46)
Links and Resources:
- The Big Life: Embrace the Mess, Work Your Side Hustle, Find a Monumental Relationship, and Become the Badass Babe You Were Meant to Be by Ann Shoket
- America's Next Top Model
- Tiny Beautiful Things: Advice on Love and Life from Dear Sugar by Cheryl Strayed
- Badass Babes Dinner Guide
- Ann Shoket
- Follow Ann on Instagram
- Follow Ann on Twitter
- Connect with Ann on Facebook